I have an extensive and varied background in the hospitality and service industries for over 30 years. From 2018 to present I have been an interim innkeeper working throughout the country. I have managed inns in high traffic vacation areas such as Cape Cod, MA, Palm Springs, CA, Lake Placid, NY, and Buena Vista, CO. I started my inn career doing spa treatments at a resort inn in Maryland. It was a beautiful Select Registry bed and breakfast on the Chesapeake Bay and a desired destination wedding venue. Previous to innkeeping I owned a spa and hair business. The Maryland inn wanted to add spa treatments to their offerings and reached out to me. They quickly became in need of management help and I stepped into the position. This is where the love of BnB hospitality began for me. I moved into a permanent assistant manager position, then acting manager. When my four children grew to adulthood I took the opportunity to travel as an Interim Innsitter. My original Maryland inn is a place I return to often.
Prior to the BnB world, and sometimes concurrently to running a spa business, I held various positions in event catering including manager, sales, cook, and server. Prior to those positions I worked as a cook in a restaurant that served breakfast and lunch. My varied background gives me a well rounded skill set that helps me to be successful as an interim innkeeper. I thrive in the BnB environment and provide exceptional service treating guests with dignity and kindness. You can feel confident during your absence that your BnB will be in caring, dependable, and capable hands.
Assistant Innkeeper and Acting Manager of a 13 room select registry destination bed and breakfast and wedding venue. Duties included management of the property and staff, wedding sales and event management, reservations, fielding of phone calls and emails, check in’s and check out’s, breakfast preparation and service, staff management, scheduling, maintaining online social media responses and inn tour requests, online review responses, daily & financial reports, laundry and light housekeeping.
- Prepped, cooked, and set up unique buffet breakfasts for large groups of up to 40 people, as well as smaller intimate breakfasts. I enjoy being creative with recipes and presentations. I am comfortable with using house recipes or bringing my own favorites.
- I pride myself on working well with a team of coworkers as well as being confident as a strong manager.
- Thrive on treating each guest with a high level of personal care delivered with professionalism.
- Excel in working with small groups for family reunions, retreats, corporate meetings, elopements, small weddings, and rehearsal dinners.
- Organized Chamber of Commerce meetings and holiday parties in a BnB setting.
- Have developed relationships with local businesses to direct guests to restaurants, wineries, art galleries, festivals and events.
- Sold wedding packages to be held at the BnB in which I managed. Worked with wedding parties and vendors from the planning stages to the day of the event.
- Worked as a manager on duty for weddings, corporate events, family reunions and other large gatherings.
Cooking and Catering Experience
- Managed catered parties up to 60 ppl in a BnB setting as well as other private venues. Common duties included: managing staff, vendor relations, developing menus and food purchasing, day ahead prep cooking to day of event cooking, organization of rentals, room setup, clean up, and break down.
- Prepared, cooked and managed luncheons for corporate groups and family reunions.
- Menu planned, shopped, cooked and executed small intimate weddings of up to 25 people.
- Cooked for a breakfast and lunch coffee shop.
- Cooked on the line for a 60 person capacity restaurant in a BnB setting.
- I hold licenses, certifications and advanced training in cosmetology, reiki, holistic mineral body wraps, facials, and reflexology, as well as coursework in marketing and management.
- I owned and operated a holistic day spa and hair business beginning from 2006 to 2020.
Available as: Single
Availability: Check Availability Calendar Here
Travel Preferences: Will consider assignments in: USA or International
Region: Mountain Region
Categories: Mountain Region
Updated 4 months ago.